TV apps to Apple TV
Many Swedish and foreign TV channels were quickly out of apps for TV OS and new Apple TV. The range is getting bigger and bigger all the time, and more services will be added. Here is a selection of the best apps in both free range and subscriptions.
Do not miss: Big Test: Apple TV finally get Siri in Swedish – so good it works!
Swedish and Nordic Services
- Aftonbladet TV – news and more from Aftonbladet.
- Canal Digital – see on Canal Digital's range – on your Apple TV. The service is included if you already have a subscription.
- C-More – subscription with 1500 movies, live sports from including SHL and Allsvenskan, American television shows, and more.
- DR TV – Danish equivalent of SVT Play.
- Dplay – see programs from Channel 5, Channel 9, Channel 11, TLC and Discovery Channel.
- Expressen TV – Expressen's response to the Aftonbladet TV.
- magine Live – one of the first attempts to hijack the TV box and let customers see the TV programs, directly in the browser. Now also available for the Apple TV.
- NRK Super – children's program from the Norwegian state television.
- NRK Television – Norway's response on SVT Play.
- SVT Play – Swedish state television play service.
- Telia Play + – can be purchased separately if you have broadband, and Telia are free if you have TV subscriptions. Displays both play materials and live television.
- TV4 Play – as it sounds – TV4's own play services.
- UR Play – State television education channel where you can watch and listen to the radio, watch live broadcasts and purely web content.
- Viaplay – subscription with movies, TV series and live sports live (which includes the Champions League, Premier League and the NHL included).
- Viafree – Viaplay have gathered all their free streamintjänster in a single app. See, for example Paradise Hotel when you want, how you want.
- Yle Areena – SVT Play, but in Finnish.
- 2016 NBA App – basketball enthusiast.
- AJ + – news from one of the world's most prestigious canals
- Bloomberg Television – business news.
- Burrberry – British entertainment with music elements and the beauty of videos
- CBS Sports – self-produced sports element, but not the whole matches. Advertising.
- CNN Go – Donald Trump's own "favorite" delivers news on a daily basis.
- Crunchyroll – anime streamed almost instantly after being shown in Japanese television. Subscriptions for 70 crowns a month.
- Dailymotion – gathers Internet's most popular and most shared videos.
- Facebook Video – Facebook's dedicated app for videos allow you to follow all your favorites directly on the big screen. And as icing on the message you avoid pesky status updates.
- HBO Nordic – Game of Thrones, need we say more?
- Hopster – children's programs in English with a fairly wide range.
- MLB.com At Bat – for those who are out to watch baseball.
- Netflix – no further description is required, however.
- NFL – football.
- PGA Tour Live – for those who live, passionate and loves golf.
- Red Bull TV – extreme sports and music, including some live events.
- TED – inspiring speech on science, technology and much more.
- Twitchy Television – In the absence of an official app from Twitch, this is a good substitute for those who want to follow the streams and the e-sports.
- UFC – adrenaline-pumping battles.
- WSJ Video – business news.
- Vimeo – the biggest competitor to Youtube is widely recognized for excelling with better quality. However, the range is slightly worse.
- WWE – theatrical wrestling.
- Youtube – The world largest video network serves as storstjänor Pewdiepie, and smaller players as well as amateurs. Most news media are also represented here.
In one and another app interface looks a little different. Netflix, for example, has updated its search function the way it looks on the old Apple TV and now is "keyboard" at the top of search suggestions to the left and right results. But on the whole they look different Play apps themselves alike.
For all anime lovers. With a subscription to Crunchyroll, you can watch new episodes of hundreds of anime series, often within hours of the first released in Japan.
Do not miss! Big test: This is the best streaming service for movies and TV series
The app is free but requires so clear that you have access to a Plexserver with your media files. An alternative to this is the app Simplex, which has taken its interface from Apple's own video player, but can stream all your Plex library from your computer.
VLC for Mobile
If you have movies and series saved on your computer or a NAS, you can play them directly on the new Apple TV with a third-party app. VLC for Mobile has been released and, as usual, support for DLNA, but you can also choose a more full-featured solution for media playback as Plex.
Back when the Internet was not was teletext is an excellent way to follow the news. Today, the operation has become a bit of a niche, and many modern screens do not support it. Luckily there is an app that gives you the same functionality as the teletext always meant.
Read more: Maxa Apple TV with Airplay and VLC