In April, Clips was launched, an app from Apple that allows you to combine video, pictures and music into a movie clip that can be shared via Messages, Facebook or Instagram.
Now it's time for version 2.0 and this is the news offered in the accompanying documentation:
• Navigate easily through filters, labels, tags, and emoji symbols in the new Power Browser.
• The image button appears on the main screen when you work so that you can take a picture at any time.
• Touch any filter to see what it looks like on your pictures and videos before using it.
Fullscreen browsers display more of the image library and the posters.
• Named buttons make it easy to edit live captions, add or replace filters, put, turn off and delete.
• Updated for the Super X-ray screen on Iphone X.
Self-featured on Iphone X
• Uses the Truedepth camera on Iphone X to remove your background and place in animated 360-degree scenes.
• Select from a dozen scenes so m covers extensive landscapes, abstract art and outer space.
• Embark on Millennium Falcon or Mega Destroyer from Star Wars: The Last Jedi
• All scenes contain a matching self-filter that transforms your appearance so you melt in the scene.
New Tags and Posters
• Add Star Wars characters to your videos with brands containing Darth Vader, R2-D2 and others.
• Create fun titles with 20 new animated posters, of which more than one dozens of Star Wars and Mice and Friends.
• Choose from 16 vibrant, Apple-designed brands in retro style.
New Effects and Filters
• Choose from four new artistic effects – Watercolor, Woodwool, Sienna and Indigo – which transform real-time images using advanced style transfer technology while recording. *
• Make images and videos hot, effective or dramatic with a selection of new filters from the Camera app.
• Use effects and filters while you record, or use them on images and videos from the library.
• Use Icloud to view and edit your clip videos on any iOS device.
• Support for Shared Ipad in Classroom.
• Take a picture and add tags, filters, and emoji symbols. Then you share the image without having to make a video.
• Record live captions in dozens of different languages without changing the device language.
• Drag up the recording button to record continuously and handsfree.
• Copy and paste existing clips that you want to reuse in a video.
• Browse and choose from a full set of emoji symbols in the new effect browser.
• Drag and drop tags, labels, and emoji symbols from the Effect Browser for to quickly place them on your photos and videos.
• The posters are now grouped into categories to make it easier and more transparent to browse them.
• Choose from 21 new royalty-free audio tracks from indie artists such as DIIV, Elohim, Cherry Glazerr and Mark Mothersbaugh.
• Use 3D Touch on the Clip App icon to quickly create a new video from the Home screen on the iPhone.
In order to reverse Clips 2.0, you need to have updated to iOS 11.1 or later on your Iphone, Ipad or Ipod Touch. Download as usual from the App Store.