Processing to reduce reflections on Macbook Pro displays has caused some problems to users. We have previously reported the issues, and Apple has extended the warranty period to the problem earlier. According to new information, Apple will now extend the warranty period for this particular issue – up to four years after the date of purchase.
However, this is no Apple communicating outward. The data will instead come from Macrumors who claim to have received internal documents from (probably US) authorized service centers. It is likely, but not of course, that the same rules apply in Sweden.
According to the information, owners of the following models are entitled to a free screen change if the problems are serious enough.
- Macbook Pro (13 inch, Early 2013)
- Macbook Pro inch, Early 2013)
- Macbook Pro (13 Inch, Late 2013)
- Macbook Pro (15 Inch, Late 2013)
- Macbook Pro (13 Inch, Mid 2014)
- Macbook Pro (15 inches, Mid 2014)
- Macbook Pro (13 inches, Early 2015)
- Macbook Pro (15 inches, Mid 2015)
- Macbook Pro (13 inch, 2016)
- Macbook Pro (15 inch, 2016)
- Macbook Pro (13 inch, 2017)
- Macbook Pro (15 inch, 2017) Macbook (12 inch, Early 2016)
- Macbook (12 inch, Early 2017)
Anyone who has these problems with their Macbook Pro can look up On your receipt, check the purchase date and make an attempt to get it repaired in an Apple Store, or request warranty assistance via Apple's website.