Test Editor MacWorld
On Saturday, Apple quickly released IOS 11.2 as a solution to the strange "date bug". But in addition to solving the bug that can crash your Iphone when it gets a note, there are also a lot of other nice news. For example, faster wireless charging. The chargers that support it can now wirelessly charge an Iphone, Iphone 8 Plus and an Iphone X with up to 7.5 watts. Not immediately fast download, but at least faster than before.
With the update, Iphone X owners will be able to see a new line under the battery icon in the right "ear" to clarify where the Control Center is located. In IOS 11.2, there is also a new information box that better explains how the IOS 11 Control Center bluetooth and wifi buttons really work.
Read more! Subtle change causes headache: Bluetooth and wifi can not be turned off via Control Center in IOS 11
In the United States, the update contains support for Apple Pay Cash, a way to send money to friends and family through iMessage. A possible Swedish launch for this, we have no date yet. IOS 11.2 will also solve the calculator bug. However, iOS 11.2 does not contain an promised feature to synchronize messages in Imessage across multiple devices. It may be possible for IOS 11.3.
IOS 11.2 can be installed directly from your mobile via Settings> General> Software Update, or by plugging the mobile into our computer and updating through Itunes. As usual, we recommend a backup first if something goes wrong.
Here are all other news in IOS 11.2
- Adds three new Live Photo wallpapers for the Iphone X.
- Correcting an Error in Calculator where quick entry of numbers could lead to errors
- Improved stability of the camcorder.
- The Podcast app is supported to automatically move on to the next section of the same program.
- Health Kit gets support for a new data type for distance in the alpine
- Correcting an error that could cause Mail to search for new mail even though a download was completed.
- Correcting an error that could result in cleared notifications in Mail from Exchange accounts displayed again.
- Improved stability in Calendar.
- Fixes an error where an empty screen could be displayed when Settings were opened.
- Corrects an error that could not swipe to view today or to the camera from the lock screen.
- Corrects an error that could cause music controls not to be displayed on the lock screen.
- Corrects an error that could cause application symbols to be placed in the wrong order on the home screen.
- Corrects an error that could prevent users from deleting photos taken recently when the maximum Icloud storage space was exceeded.
- Fixes an error where maps are sometimes not displayed in Find My Iphone.
- Corrects an error in Messages where the keyboard could be displayed over the latest message.
- Corrects an error where the keyboard could respond slowly.
- Adds phone call support with RTT (real-time text) for deaf and hearing impaired.
- Voice Over gets improved stability in Messages, Settings, App Store, and Music.
- Corrects an error that allowed Voice Over to not read incoming notifications.